Code of Ethics of the Fraternal Insurance Counselor
Preamble: As a fraternal life underwriter, I will maintain the utmost professional standards toward my members and at the same time maintain a position of trust and loyalty to my Society.
I believe it to be my responsibility:
- To conduct my fraternal business according to high standards of honesty and fairness and to render that service to my members which, in the same circumstances, I would apply to or demand for myself. I will develop my ability and improve my knowledge through regular continuing education.
- To provide competent and member-focused sales and service, based on my members concerns, needs and input. I will present accurately and completely the facts essential to my members decisions and always place their best interest and welfare above any personal considerations. I will submit complete and accurate applications for membership and insurance on only those persons whom I believe to have the proper requirements that conform with my Societys underwriting rules.
- To engage in active and fair competition. I will refuse any person or persons any part of my commissions or earnings as an inducement to purchase an insurance or annuity product. I will follow applicable regulations as well as guidelines developed by my Society whenever a sale involves replacement of insurance.
- To only use advertising and sales materials approved by my Society and the applicable regulatory authorities.
- To respect my members confidences and hold in trust personal information.
- To fairly and expeditiously handle member complaints or disputes.
- To cooperate in a system of supervision and review that is designed to achieve compliance with this Code of Ethics and Principles of Ethical Conduct.
As a Fraternal Insurance Counselor, I pledge myself to uphold and maintain these principles and responsibilities.
Chapters can download the Powerpoint presentation about NAFIC to be used at Fraternal, Chapter or Society meetings.